1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connections' query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by martin15, Aug 11, 2004.

1. martin15

martin15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Panasonic E55 DVD recorder and it is working well and therefore I assume that I have connected everything up as should be.
    However I feel that I should be using the second SCART on the DVD recorder.

The input aerial to the NTL cable box goes to the Ant In in the Video recorder and out to the RF in the DVD recorder and from there to the television (a cheap Goodmans nicam stereo). I was told not to have the signal going from the DVD recorder to the video but the other way round.

The AV1 scart on the DVD goes to input 1 of a scart splitter and AV1 of the video goes to input 2 on the scart splitter. The scart splitter is then connected to AV1 of the TV (an RGB input).
    AV2 of the video goes to the VCR scart of the NTL cable box and the TV out scart of the cable box goes to AV2 of the TV (notRGB)

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Your NTL TV Out should be capable of outputting an RGB picture (I don't have NTL but other users have mentioned it). Thus you should be connected:

NTL TV Out > AV2 on the E55 and then AV1 > TV EXT1 (RGB Input)

You will need to ensure that the NTL set-top box, AV1/AV2 on the E55 and TV EXT1 are set to 'RGB'. For the DVD recorder goto Functions/Setup/Connections to do this. Your TV might do it automatically but there is almost certainly a menu option you need to select in your NTL box!

Your VCR can only ever output composite (or S-Video if it is an S-VCR). You should still hook it by Scart leads though as this will give a better picture than RF. Connect it up as follows:

NTL VCR Out > Input on the VCR and the Output > TV EXT2

Keep the RF circuit as you already have it setup.