1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections on the back of a Sky box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Chris Thomas79, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Chris Thomas79

Chris Thomas79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i am new to the forum and i am looking to purchase Sky very soon. I will be getting a standard Sky box (not Sky+)

I was wondering what connections there are on the back of the standard Sky box. I presume there will be 2 scarts and audio phono outputs. (and possibly s-video and composite output aswell)

I don't think you can specify which type of sky box you get so i was wondering if they all had a standard set of connections on the back.

I don't want to end up with one scart socket or no audio outs to connect my hi fi amplifier.

Thanks in advance.

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There used to be slight variations (s-video on the Grundigs, Optical out on the Sony - they were the days!)

Sky have since jumped on the manufacturers who show such initiatives and now they are all the same with just two scarts and phono outs for the stereo. You get a choice of composite or RGB on the tv scart and just plain composite on the vcr scart.

Dave