1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections of FQ75,VCR,SAT,DVD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Derek Mitchell, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    just got the FQ75, 720VCR and DAVS 550 Delivered.

Can someone suggest best way to connect.

FQ75 - 3 SCART - (1 RGB)
    SKY Box - 2 SCART
    DVD No Scart -(s-video)
    VCR - 2 Scart.

Also, picture quality on Analogue is crap, although Pic. through Sky box is very good.
    Look like cheapo scart leads used by the people who delivered these units.

Any suggestions

Cheers

Derek

2. cjb

cjb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    derek
    i have similar kit.i would set up as follows.

sky dig box(scart,set to o/p rgb)----AV1
    sky dig box(scart)------------------VCR line in(to enable to record in stereo)

VCR(scart)------------------------AV2 (to allow smartlink features if vcr permits)
    DVD(scart S-video)----------------AV3

Regards
    Clive

3. cjb

cjb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    derek

should of added worth buying good quality scarts.I use QED Squart leads,expensive at 50 quid each,but well worth it in the long run.
    Should of put them on your xmas list!

Cheers

Clive

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    may I ask where did you get your tv from? As I am thinking whether to get that instead of the new FQ80 but very undecided

5. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Derek,

Go with what cjb suggested, but you're going to need an S-Video TO Scart cable (QED & Ixos have models of these) for your DAVS system connection to AV3. Get it without audio - it's sightly cheaper and eliminates all avenues of cross-interference, besides, you'll be using the DAV system's own speakers for sound from your discs.

Remember, the cable would be directional, so get an S-video to Scart one (NOT a Scart-to-S-video one, that goes the other way, and you don't want that!).

While you're at it, replace ALL the scarts in your system with decent ones - believe me, it's worth it!

Cheers

moory

6. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hispek were knocking these out at a good price and with 5yrs warranty in October/November; may be worth a look to see if they've any left

7. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses guys, sorry for the delay, work pressures.

Right,

Clive - thanks, will give that a shot. I have the Sony Centre guys coming back on the 18th to re-connect everything. When they first came, they set up the FQ75, however, the 3 other sets i have around the house, all with sky and video distribution, were cleared out. No pics. at all.
    Also, the picture quality on the FQ75 even with DVD (albeit crap scarts being used) is far from that that i have seen in shops on other tv's. Not happy at the moment.

ROOKIES - I got my FQ75 at the Sony Centre in Leeds.They had bought a load of Refurb 75's and were selling them off at £799 with a 3 years Parts and Labour G'Tee. I got the set for 755 as i bought a DAVS 550 (475) and a SLV 720 VCR (109) at the same time. Th deal is so good i had to give it a go.
    The TV looks BRAND NEW, with brand new remote and packaging.
    (The DAVS 550 AND 720 Vcr are new.)

I think the FQ75 is a fantastic set, great looking and super features, however, if i do not get the picture quality i want then it's bye,bye.

Moory - Thanks for the advice - very much appreciated.

Thanks

8. cjb

cjb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    derek
    you say your picture quality isn't up to much.could you explain what probs you have got.my 75 displays a superb pic from dvd,rf is also very good.sony dig box (rgb o/p---AV1) is what i consider to be perfect,outstanding pic quality.
    here's the crunch.i have the 'scrolling bar' feature on my set,but it is only visible on rf.when viewing sky or dvd it isn't visible.hence iv'e been it contact with sony over this for the past 2yrs!!it's a long story!!
    I hope you havn't got these bloody scrolling bars.sorry to bring this to your attention.otherwise the 75 is capable of delivering a great picture.high on your list is to buy some decent scart leads,it really is worth it.

goodluck

Clive