Connections - Help wanted

flatjack

Novice Member
I got the Wharfedale Freeview box as a Xmas present but due to the present incapacity of my friend I decided to deliver it early. I was a bit sceptical about whether it would work as she only has an indoor loft aerial but it worked wonderfully. :thumbsup: At the same time as the STB was connected I believe I also connected up her VCR as if I remember correctly everything was going swimmingly. However I needed another scart to connect up her DVD player so I went out to B&Q and obtained one which was then connected up and worked fine. However when I came to check out the VCR it had stopped recording! I then proceeded to go around in circles swapping leads between the various pieces of kit; also changing AV1/AV2 etc on the tv and video until I was completely lost and had to abandon it all - I didn't get home until 1am today with my head hurting. At least I left the digital & analogue tv working OK but the video would not record and I completely disconnected the DVD player.

Can some expert tell me where I might have gone wrong? The tv is an old Panasonic flat screen 4:3 with 2 scarts AV1 & AV2; the video is also a Panasonic with 2 scarts AV1 & AV2; the Wharfedale STB also has 2 scarts AV1 & AV2 and the DVD player just has the 1 scart. The Wharfedale manual is a bit sparse in its identification of which connections (AV1 or AV2) and the Panasonic manuals are quite confusing. Could some kind soul tell me which to connect to what and in what order or all at once? Also what AV should the tv be switched to?

Gosh, I didn't think that I was going to say as much above but I do hope that someone can help as I am due to go to see her again tomorrow and I would like to be able to fix things for her. She is delighted with the Freeview by the way.

Fingers crossed, flatjack :lease:

flatjack

Novice Member
Many thanks to Sam Radford & Richard46 for your replies - I'll try them out in a little while.
Cheers flatjack

flatjack

Novice Member
Have got the Wharfedale going perfectly now by putting a passthrough RF lead as described in the info you guys provided - thanks again.
I didn't realise that I could record digital channels on the VCR by using the AV2 channel - a bonus.
Cheers flatjack