1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections HELP!!! Hitachi & LG plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by davieb1983, Jan 12, 2005.

1. davieb1983

davieb1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP! please

just bought 2 second hand plasma's but do not know how to connect them so i cant even watch TV on them ???

1st plasma's ive had so i dont know anything about them, any other TVs ive had ive been able to plug my digital box, playstation, video etc. straight into the back via a scart lead.

how do i plug these into my plasma's? ive described the connectors at the back of each of them. sorry but i do not know the real names for most connectors!

the 1st is a: HITACHI 32PD3000E

The back says AVC IN

Theres a lead connected and the end has a connector with 9 pins in a square, then another 9 pins in a square then a horizontal pin. (ive tryed to draw it below)

... ...
    ... ... _
    ... ...

also connected to this lead is a circular connector with 8 pins, which looks like the sort that would be on a mouse/keyboard.

how do i connect my scart leads to this plasma???

The 2nd is a: LG MZ42PZ14

The back has 3 different inputs, ive drawn the pins look like below each input. (ignore the /s)

1/ RGB INPUT (VGA/SVGA/XGA)
    . . . . .
    /. . . . .
    . . . . .

2/ AUDIO OUTPUT
    LEFT / RIGHT

3/ CONTROL
    . . . . .
    /. . . .

there are cables coming from each, which join 1 main "AWM EAST WEST 30V LOW VOLTAGE COMPUTER CABLE"

the end of this cable has a connector with 12 pins on top and 13 below.
    /. . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Same question again, how do i connect my scart leads to this plasma???

Any help would really be appreciated, sorry if these are simple questions, but im starting to get worried here!!!

2. coleco

coleco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, weel the Hitachi isa great plasma, the LG is crap :) both needa tuner box, the LG one sits on the back of the screen, the Hitachi one is a box connected but what looks lilke a ps2 connector and a large Dsub connector, i think a call to hitachi will help locate the box, but they will need a seriel number for the tv.

Gook luck

3. davieb1983

davieb1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what does the tuner do? will this have the connections so i can plug the scart leads?

bought them from an advert in the paper, should they have been included and can you buy them anywhere else?

thanks for the help.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you go to the Hitachi website you can download the instruction manual for the TV.