Connections from AV Amp to TV and Projector

designforge

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently purchased an Anthem 540 AVR to drive my Samsung QLED TV and Optoma P1 Projector and just wanted to make sure I've got it set up correctly as I can't seem to output to the projector without the TV being on.

The Amp has two HDMI outs, OUT 1 is currently connected to the TV's One Connect box, OUT 2 to the projector's HDMI ARC, with all peripherals connected to HDMI 1-5 inputs accordingly.

I have the optical in coming from both the TV (Optical 1) and the Projector (Optical 2) for when i'm using the apps directly on the TV or Projector (I tend to use the shield but my wife prefers the single interface on the TV). Attached is a pic of the rear connections - does this all look OK, or could it be better optimised?

Also, is there a way (The amp supports macros apparently) to get the amp to recognise when the TV or Projector (Or xBox for that matter) is switched on and select the correct input accordingly (It currently is set to default to TV Audio In as this is the most common use scenario) - or is this expecting far too much from HDMI CEC!?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!
Neil
anthem_AVR.jpg

Hi, I've recently purchased an Anthem 540 AVR to drive my Samsung QLED TV and Optoma P1 Projector and just wanted to make sure I've got it set up correctly as I can't seem to output to the projector without the TV being on.
The MRX 540's HDMI outputs are parallel, not independent. IOW, you need to have your TV (HDMI 1) on to use the projector (HDMI 2). Only the 740 and 1140 have an independent HDMI output.

The MRX 540's HDMI outputs are parallel, not independent. IOW, you need to have your TV (HDMI 1) on to use the projector (HDMI 2). Only the 740 and 1140 have an independent HDMI output.
Thank you! It's not how it was sold to me, so that's remarkably annoying - good to know it's not me messing up though...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom