1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connections for system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chriskenny, May 19, 2005.

1. chriskenny

chriskenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the following - Pioneer 435xde, Denon 3805 and DVD3910. Currently thinking of KEF KHT 5005 speakers. Have purchased the Chord Supra Silver HDMI cable but was interested what other connections people have used for their Denons? I use my system 99% of the time purely for films and DVDs. Anyone recommend optical connector, speaker wire and sub connector. Any advice would be gratefully received. :confused:

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I would recommened the Denon Link connection. One connection for sound and very high transfer rate. Gets the most out of the the 3805 and 3910.
    On your display is it HDMI or DVI-D. If it is DVI-D set the player to HDMI RGB.

Also to get the best out of the speakers make sure all speakers are set to small and set the sub crossover on the amp to 150Hz.

3. chriskenny

chriskenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Eddy, pardon this but I am a complete novice in this field!!! Wot is the Denon link and how do I execute it? Is it just not a case of utilising the HMDI cable and a suitable optical for sound? Your advice is greatly appreciated