1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections for plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Maximus1633, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Maximus1633

Maximus1633
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi :lease: Can anyone help im getting a 42" plasma panel and want to mount the panel on the wall. ( chimney breast fire removed) im need to know what sort of connections to have coming out of the wall as i have the builders in at the mo doing alot of work any pics would be nice. Im in the middle of doing the wiring my self while the biulders do rest. New cinema room and lounge all the cabling fitted under the floor in 50mm tubing. I can post some pics if anyone is interested. Such a mess at the mo should be done for christmas then i can get my plasma and install it. :clap: Woopeee! can't wait.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    We'd need to know what the panel is (and the connections it has) as well as what you intend to connect to it to be able to advise.

I assume it's not a panel that has a media box as that would usually just involve running a mains and video cable to the panel.

John

3. Maximus1633

Maximus1633
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John thks . The panel i want is the panasonic 42PWD6 read most of the reviews and views on the forum seems like a good choice. Most of my eqiupment runs through my amp Yamaha DSP-A2 and outputs SVHS and Composite. Them theres my computer DVI ouput or VGA not shure which to go for yet. I need a good picture of the back of the 42PWD6 so i can see the connections. I have seen some pictures but there not very clear. Also need to keep the power lead away from the cables

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    OK run componetn and S-video leads or something like QED CX5CV or Van damme mini 5 core as well as DVi lead and a VGA lead throw a couple of runs of cat5 and a scart up there and you are sorted for any plasma that does not use a media and some that do....... If you are feeling Flush throw an HDMI up there as well