Connections for a 32fp9986

giggsy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have one of these arriving from John Lewis in Bluewater on a £1937 price match when the stock comes in :) and need to connect it to NTL, DVD Player and a PC. Not sure what DVD Player to buy but have about £400 (Denon 1910 Seems nice) but am tempted to go for a Recorder (already have a RD30 from Toshiba) but is it worth getting a prog scan one instead? Is Phillips DVD a good idea etc etc Totally lost at what to do!!

What connection do i go for ?

Any help would do :)

I have a Sony RDR HX900 recorder and personally I cant see any difference between using progressive scan and RGB on the 9986. The picture is superb in both. In any case if you are connecting your pc you will be using the DVI input which you must also use if you choose progressive scan. Therefore I would wait and see what your Toshiba recorder looks like through RGB and see if you are happy with picture before deciding on new DVD player. You will need a couple of good scart leads but dont bother buying really expensive ones. I got the QED Squart.

Thanks

might save me a few bob as well

Take a look at the Panasonic E55 recorder. Not sure of the connections on a 9986, but if there is a component input, connect the E55 here and connect the PC via DVI. Connect NTL via Scart.

Richie.

richjthorpe said:
Take a look at the Panasonic E55 recorder. Not sure of the connections on a 9986, but if there is a component input, connect the E55 here and connect the PC via DVI. Connect NTL via Scart.

Richie.
That'll not work. The component in to the Philips uses the DVI socket. I would recommend that you do get a Progressive Recorder/Player anyway as it allows you the benefit of choice. The P-Scan picture looks superficially the same as the Scart one, until you examine it closely, especially during high speed sequences. It is considerably smoother, less juddery and with LCD's this is a considerable advantage.

Do you have a Cinema System? The Denon DHT500 is £400 has a P-Scan player and a stonking 600W amp! Speakers and Sub supplied are absolutely first class.

Jimmy

I knew there was a silly converter for the component somewhere but I though there was a VGA input that it used !

:)

Richie.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom