1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections between 3901 DVD player and 3805 receiver

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by krungthep56, Apr 25, 2005.

1. krungthep56

krungthep56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I have recently purchased the 3901/3805 combination and have connected the supplied D-Link cable which is working fine.

Am I correct in my understanding that approval of D-Link is awaited for SACD playback and until then I have to use analogue connections? If this is correct, then presumably once approval is granted, there will be a software update to enable SACD playback??

Any suggestions on when this might take place?

In the interim, recommendations for analogue cables would be much appreciated, so that I don't end up with whatever my local store recommends.

Thanks in advance

KT56

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    As far as the story goes Dony is working on a new SACD format which Denon has got approve for. So its waiting for Sony to work out the new format. Hopefully it will be backwards compatible with existing SACDs.
    Another thought will all IEEE products need to be modified for the new SACD format?
    Thats ALOT of amps.