Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connections advice please - AV amp - DVD - VHS - TV...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Jamie C, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Jamie C

Jamie C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoping you can offer a little guidance here please.

I have a Kenwood 7050D which im gonna hook up to my DVD player, video player and TV and can figure most connections but not all of em.

DVD - AV amp will be by optical lead for audio and s-video for visual.

Video - AV amp will be by Scart split to RCA for audio and S vid for visual.

AV amp to TV will be by RCA out for audio and S vid out for visual converted to Scart (no S vid in on TV).

The only one i am pondering over is to get audio from the TV to the amp for watching general television.

The TV has RCA outs for audio but thats it i think. So what input would i want to use on the AV amp for the TV audio?

Signal seems poor, at the min i am using the 'video 1 play in' inputs and you have to turn up the amp and TV quite significantly to get some real decent volume and there is no option to turn off TV speakers so now theyre clashing a little with the others.

Any info? Thanks, Jamie.

2. Jamie C

Jamie C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bttt ^