1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections Advice for TW10H

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by noel-pilot, Jan 5, 2005.

1. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all,
    Getting a bit confused with connection options for my forthcoming TW10H.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I wish to connect the output from my A/V amp (currently the switching unit for my video sources, PS2, Tivo, Freeview etc) and also my Xbox.

I had planned to run a component cable from XBox advanced connections box to projector and then run a composite cable from amp to projector. I know composite isnt very good but it will be minimal watching I think as most will be from Xbox.

1) From other posts I have read it seems Component cables are supposed to have three cables plus a sync yet on tvcables site the component cables only seem to have the three leads?

2) is there anyway to get a svideo signal from my tivo? Would one of those little scart plugs that have 3 phono and a s video on the back work?

Any other advice? I would be nice not to have to keep unplugging leads each time i want to change source so be helpful if I could have composite, s video and component all plugged in a the same time!!

Look forward to your help.
    thanks

Noel

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    RGB component has the sync but I think the sync is included on the R,G or B lead. "True" (?) component has only 3 leads. What I think I'm trying to say is that component is only 3 leads! :) ...PJ

3. babyG

babyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm confused about this too?????

I thought RGB was different to componant (I have just bought my 1st projector & last night I switched my sky digibox from PAL to rgb output and the quality doubled (thru composit cable))

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    It is different, it's just that you can run either RGB or component through a component lead.

As for the digibox the RGB setting is the best if using a connection capable of carrying it.

My "expertise" in these matters is being stretched here, I'm sure others know much more detail!

cheers...PJ