connection type on a Panasonic TH42PW6

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by daz500, Oct 12, 2004.

1. daz500

daz500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please help ...

I managed to pick up a TH42PW6 plasma from my local Richer Sounds branch but now I have a problem. I've been reading through the forums but I seem to be going around in circles. What is the best connection board to use for getting a video display on the plasma screen?

I'm going to buy a progressive scan DVD player so it will have component output and I already have Sky+ (I gather I need to buy a JS device for coverting scart into component)

I would like to use my Denon A1 amp to switch component video so that way I can easily change the output from the plasma to the projector.

I guess the question is .... do I buy a component input board for the plasma or do I buy a cable which has component connectors on one end and has the VGA d-sub connector on the other using the AMP to provide a component video signal in both cases?

thanks in advance,
    darren

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    go for the cable and JS RGB>YUV Box, AV-sales should be able to supply both for you.....