1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection to Hitachi 42pd4000 from PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by barnesyboy, Dec 1, 2004.

1. barnesyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    What is the best way to connect from a PC running MCE 2005 to my Hitachi 42pd4000 plasma screen?

I am currently using the VGA input on the Hitachi media box which is great for clarity but I do notice motion funnies during live and recorded playback (almost like early dvd players). The SHVS output is abysmal so I was wondering if using VGA to SCART would be better and running 50/60 interlaced. The card in use is a 9800PRO. I can't work out wether the screen is causing this problem with VGA or the conversions happening during the whole record to buffer playback operations.

I've tried powerstrip and set all kinds of resolutions and frequencies but it didn't really make a difference. I've just had a thought. I could try my DELL 2100fp screen to see if the same happens.

I've tried all the decoders available and they all seem to exhibit the same issue.

Any ideas/sugestions greatly appreciated.