• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connection required for PS3 Network

cjpaul

Established Member
Ok this is a stupid question without doubt, but have just about plucked up the courage to ask it.

I don't have broadband access where i live so am not au fait with all things broadbandy.

To sign up to the PS network I called around to my sister's house but kept getting PSN error 807101102. It detects the IP address OK but then bombs out on Internet settings.

All I can think of is that it is because they don't have an always-on broadband connection....they have to connect/disconnect.

Here it goes..."do you need an 'always-on connection to connect to the internet with the ps3"!

Tnx!

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Do they actually have broadband or is it dial up ? What kind of connection do they have ?

cjpaul

Established Member
hi moogle,

thanks for the reply. the plan they're on is 'broadband time' - the most basic package available I'd imagine. when accessing it via pc you have to 'connect' from the router home page and are restricted to 20hrs access so defo isn't 'always on' but is broadband.

the ps3 does recognise the ethernet ok but can connect to the internet!

reprahm

Prominent Member
Here it goes..."do you need an 'always-on connection to connect to the internet with the ps3"!

Can't really help you with your problem but can safely say that you don't need an "always on" connection to get the PS3 online as my broadband isn't an always on connection and works fine iwth my PS3.

cjpaul

Established Member
yep...was plugging in the ethernet cable from the router/modem to the back of my ps3.

zico, would you be able to tell me how you connect. You wireless or cable?

thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom