1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Question

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by andru, Dec 31, 2002.

Tags:
  1. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am having great problems connecting all my equipment together.It consists of :-

JVC TV 3 Scarts

Hitachi Video 2 scarts

Toshiba dvd 1 scart

Sky digi box 2 scarts

PS2

Sony KSL7 DTS reciever

Not sure if the arial is working!

At the moment i have the PS2,DVD, and sky connected to the TV.So that uses all th TV scarts.I connected the VCR to the Sky box.I can view a recorded video but i cannot seem to record of the TV/Sky all i get is the sky blue screen when i record.Is there any better way to connect these together so that i can record the TV/Sky.If i have not given all the info that you need just let me know and i'll send it

Thanks

Have a good night tonight and "Happy new Year"

2. andru

andru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    is this a record for this board? 33 views and no replies. I came to this board with recomendations that you can solve all types of issues does this mean to say that you have all been beaten on this question. I hope not as i would really like the answer.

Thanks

3. theadviser

theadviser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    New to this, so this is only what I would do, others may correct me on this. Connect PS2 to connection in front panel (EXT4 on JVC). Connect SKY to EXT1 (RGB compatable). Connect Video to EXT2. Connect DVD to EXT3. Then finally connect SKY to Video by another SCART. SKY has to run to an AV input on the TV directly (EXT1) and through the video (EXT2). Hope this is what you were after.

4. Ridcully

Ridcully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    A lot depends on information not given. For example do all the TV scarts support RGB if not which ones do and which ones can do s video. Do all the scarts support widescreen switching or not. Does the video and TV talk to each other ie somethin similar to Q link or the like.

What theadvisor suggests is how I have mine configured. Don't forget the audio link from DVD to receiver and Tv to receiver.

The reason for this is my TV does not support widescreen switching on 2 or the three scarts. So I have the digibox going to the one that does as the Sky source often changes. DVD and VCR I usually know exactly what ratio they are and can stop it to change so I manually set these on the TV when watching from these sources

5. mrouse

mrouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a JVC, (3 scarts, 1 RGB the other 2 s-video compatible), I also have a Pioneer 454 DVD and a didgibox. I don't know which out of the digibox and dvd I should connect to the RGB scart socket on my TV. I assume I will loose picture quality from whichever input isn't connected to the RGB compatiable scart. Any suggestions. Thanks

6. Ridcully

Ridcully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    2 things to choose from.

1. which one don't you ming having a slight quality reduction on.

2. Does only one scart support widescreen signalling

In my instance the choice was made by number 2. Only the rgb scart supported wss so I put the didgbox on that as it changes more often and sometimes I don't know waht it is. DVD I can find out what it should be and easily set it manually so this is not a problem