1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by barneybelly, Feb 8, 2004.

1. barneybelly

Standard Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Folks,
    recently purchased seperates for home cinema use (thanks wasabi for the advice).
    Need some advice as to how to get the most of my machines...
    I purchased Panasonic dvds75 & Panny saxr15 amp (wanted bigger but missus wanted less clutter!!) &tannoy fx speakers.
    I have a 2 scart panny 32" crt......and will also be connecting cable sat box.....ps2 & x-box.
    what is the best way to connect and get the most out of my new set up.

ps-how do u get the best audio out of the x-box?
    ps2 has digi input but what about x-box??
    sorry if this sounds stupid but fairly new to this and being an xbox owner so idiot guide required.
  2. Zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    well.. im no expert,

i run RGB scart from the dvd player straight to the TV.
    i run digital coax from the dvd to amp for dolby digital and dts sound (this uses the dvd players dac's and not the amps = better efficiency im told) i run 2 channel audio from the dvd player to the amp via quality phono leads for cd playback.

all my phono's are qed. but im sure you could get away with something less expensive

as for the xbox or ps2 i dont really know. digital coax or opticle would be my suggestion, depending on what your output leads are. much better than the normal 2 chan leads that they come supplied with