1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection question with PWD7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kingog, Jul 2, 2005.

1. kingog

kingog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks to this forum, I've decided to buy the PWD7 plasma. I watch Sky most of the time and for best PQ decided to buy the JS RBG/VGA convertor. I got the component & svideo/composite board for the plasma.

I'm going to buy the panasonic SCHT 1500 cinema system and use component output for best PQ with DVD's. I understand that with this setup I will be able to PAP etc on the screen ?

My question is, how do I connect the Sky to the 1500, so that I can pause live tv etc, using the built in hard drive, and see working it on the screen through the VGA input ? My thinking is that I can connect the sky using RGB scart into the 1500, then output from the 1500 using the other scart (i think they are both RGB on the 1500) into the vga convertor, then into the vga input on the PWD7..........does that sound feasible ?

Anyone got comments on my idea or other alternatives (apart form buying Sky+ !). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. kingog

kingog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help me ?

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    well the connection should be fine but I can't comment on pausing live tv.......i'm sure the manual will explain that bit tho

4. kingog

kingog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mep

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    kingog

Probably a question for the 'Recorders' or 'All-In-One' Forum as its more about how your Recorder functions.

Best regards

Joe

6. Tarsh

Tarsh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing to note is that in order to get Picture in Picture etc you need to have more than 1 video input to your screen. If you feed Sky into the 1500, then the 1500 into the screen, you won't get PiP.

I use a Panasonic DMR-E85H Recorder and feed Telewest Cable TV into it via SCART (RGB) then output Component to my PHD7 via an AV Amp. This works great for pausing live TV (You have to actually start a recording as there's no 'Pause live TV' button), but there is no PiP as I don't feed any other video to the screen.

For your suggestion of feeding Sky to the 1500 via SCART then outputing SCART from the 1500 to the screen via the JS convertor should work, I would think, but you need to check if the 1500 can output via SCART & component (for your DVDs) at the same time for your PiP requirement. I suspect the 1500 will output only 1 video picture at a time.

7. kingog

kingog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tarsh

I hope the 1500 can output to more than one at a time..........as i was hoping to get a freeview box and connect via svideo to it then to the PWD7's svideo. Would the PQ on the plasma be better if I didn't bother with the svideo out to the plasma and just show the freeview picture going through the component output of the 1500 ?

8. Tarsh

Tarsh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a read through the manual, you can download it here:
    SC-HT1500 Manual

I suspect it can only output 1 AV source at a time.

What you may be able to do is connect up Sky so one output goes directly to the screen while the other goes via the Recorder.

Have a read through this thread, it's long but has a lot of useful advice:
    Help a Beginner!!!

Good luck with this, it can be a headache, but it's well worth it in the end.