1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Query???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rscott4563, Feb 11, 2003.

1. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm sorry to bring up a question which you probably get every week but I'm pretty new to this and haven't been able to find a solution on the searches.

I am setting up my home AV system and am in need of some expert advise before I blow a very large hole in my wallet on interconnects.

My system consists of:
    Denon 2802 AV AMP
    Denon 2800MKII DVD
    XBOX UK
    SKY Digital Box
    Panasonic TX32PH40 CRT TV
    (And the possible addition of either a Sky+ box or some other digital recording system TiVo, Philips DVD+RW, etc)

My question is what interconnects to use, none of the connections would need to go further than 3.5m.

I was thinking of connecting the XBOX and DVD player to the Amp via component and then to the TV via component with the sound from the DVD via digital coax and from the XBOX via optical.
    The Sky box to the TV and the digital Recorder via scarts, the sound from the Sky box via analogue stereo, the sound from the Recorder via optical, and then the Amp to the TV via a S-video to scart cable for onscreen menus.

Would this work, are there any problems, or any better solutions????

Thanks for your help, this may save me a lot of wasted money! =)

Scotty