1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection query

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sparkrite, Mar 27, 2005.

1. sparkrite

sparkrite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi guys, I realise this is a basic question and please excuse my ignorance but being a newb about to take the plunge can you give me some advice on the ways to connect everything!!

So far I've decided to get a pl3 proj , already have xbox , probabaly get samsung945 dvd ,yet to decide on amp and speakers (any help much appreciated !)

Does everything need to go through the amp first? or will I have to keep changing conns at the back of proj?

Cheers guys

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Dont advise changing conns at back of projector (will do them damage or every reconnection).

The best connection that can come out of the xbox is component and the best out of your DVD player is HDMI. If those are the only connections you need then you only need to connect the audio connections into the amp and the two video feeds can go into the projector (so long as there is no problem with two cables across the room).