1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection quandry

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sjp1966, Sep 15, 2005.

1. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    OK, this may get complicated.

i will first outline what i have and the connections type before i ask my question.

I have a Harmon Kardon DVD 22 with Composite, S-Video, coax and Scart connections (i currently use the scart to the TV and coax to the AMP)

I have an NTL Digital box with scart (scart to the TV and 2 phonos to the amp)

The TV has 4 scarts (2 currently used as above) 1 composite and 1 S-video/component.

The AMP is a Harmon Kardon AVR8500 and has every conenction i could ever possibly need

Now i want to connect my DVD via component, and the ntl box via S video (as it doesnt have composite and i understand that i CAN get scart to S-Video Connections)

Basically i want to know how i can connect all this up and what should go where?

This may be a stupid question but i really have no idea how to connect these things up to the AMP and then get the picture on the TV.

There are composite connectors on the amp, but i thought amps were audio only, how does that work?

thanks

Steve