Connection Quality Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by comeclickbuy, Dec 18, 2001.

1. comeclickbuy

comeclickbuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Have a Nintendo gamecube and got a S Video Connection cable with it but the TV's S Video Socket is not as good as it should be, so while i get that fixed (phoned Sony) would i get the same quality picture if i connected my AMP to my TV Via A (S Video to Scart Cable) (IXOS) then plugged my gamecube into the S Video On My AMP?

I need to know as if i would i will buy the IXOS S Video - Scart Cable

Thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If your TV will accept s-video through a scart why not connect via an s-video - scart cable directly to the TV and not bother with the amp.

If the scart socket on the TV accepts s-video the picture quality will be the same as via the s-video socket on the TV

3. comeclickbuy

comeclickbuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply
    the problem is the lead from the gamecube only has a S video socket on the end not sacrt so i cant plug the gamecube directly through the scart socket and when i plug it into the S Video socket the picture is not very good very blocky.

thats why i wondered if i conect my AMP to the TV Via scart will i get as good quality putting the gamecube into the AMP

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, get hold of an s-video to scart lead and plug it in your tv's s-video scart socket.

5. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You want an S-Video to Scart adapter, not a lead. These can be bought from Comet for about a fiver or Maplins sell nice gold plated ones for a little more.