1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by im_sinking, Jul 7, 2003.

1. im_sinking

im_sinking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First let me tell you what components i have

1 dvd recorder
    1 sky digital box
    1 european sattalite reciever
    pioneer mxe plasma

I have just recieved my JS tech rgb to yuv and quintro. However I can watch everything fine euro sat on input 4 and dvd and sky on input 2 i cannot record anything there is no picture and the screen goes all fuzzy (can't think of how else to discribe it.) my dvd recorder is the panasonic dmr-e50 when i flick the switch on the back of the quintro to decoder on as it says
    in the manual my sky picture goes off an a warning message comes onto my plasma saying out of range. my european satallite is connected to the LD scart in the quintro.
    i am desperate for help any replys would be appriciated

thanks in advance

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I've found that scart switch boxes are often a cause of grief. The 'out of range' message, ie it's lost the synch signal, is typical. Is your box from Lecktropaks? If so give them a ring, ask for Kenny I think it is, and talk to him. There may be no cure, but there is another solution. Are there 2 scarts on your E50? If so, just daisy chain the things together, terminating in the DVD player. That will mean you can't watch one and record the other, though you could cure that with a RGB to S-video converter on eurosat, which has RGB pass through, plug s-vid to input 3, use that to watch eurosat and record sky, and record eurosat in composite via a front AV connector?

3. im_sinking

im_sinking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply MAW i have managed to get things runing i wasnt locking on th the channel i wanted to record before switching on the dvd player this seems to have cured things as my dvd is acting as both player and recorder