1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Problems (No speech etc)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hpofql, Apr 16, 2005.

1. hpofql

hpofql

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Panasonic TX-36PL32 TV and an SC-HT05 receiver / speakers system and am having serious problems trying to connect everything. The manuals give very unclear information and I am now utterly lost!

I can get sound from the TV just fine but when I use my DVD player (Grundig GDV620HT) I can hear the music and most special effects without any problems but speech is either muted or just not there at all as is some sound (eg doors slamming).

Can anyone help or give me any ideas how I should be connecting these up?

I currently have my Sky+ box connected via scart to the AV1 on the TV. The DVD player is also connected via scart to the AV3 on the TV. The DVD is connected to the receiver via a digital audio lead. The speakers are connected to the subwoofer which, in turn, is connected to the receiver. The Sky+ box has the Audio R and L connected to the Receivers' TV R and L.

Many thanks for any suggestions as I am at my wits end. It's the first time I have tried to do anything like this and nothing seems to work.

hpofql