Connection problem

boecableguy

Novice Member
I have moved into a new build and have installed a satellite dish for freeview. I have successfully set it up to the main tv. Problem is, in the bedroom and kitchen, the wall connector sockets are rf, (coax) only and my tv is rf connection only. Question...if I link the cable from my dish to the rf wall socket can i connect a cable from the rf socket in my wall to the rf receiving port on my tv and get freeveiw. Or can someone tell me if my tv will unscramble the signal coming from my dish properly. Or must the dish be connected to an lmb port, or f port on my tv for this to work. I am trying to avoid a digital Ariel at this point.

JonMace

Freeview is Digital Aerial, FreeSat, is via a dish. If you are trying to use the wiring for Freeview for FreeSat it will not work as Freeview wiring splits one feed and shares it around the house, FreeSat (standardly) needs a separate feed from the dish to each TV

boecableguy

Novice Member
Freeview is Digital Aerial, FreeSat, is via a dish. If you are trying to use the wiring for Freeview for FreeSat it will not work as Freeview wiring splits one feed and shares it around the house, FreeSat (standardly) needs a separate feed from the dish to each TV
Cheers for your reply. I have a separate feed going to each tv from the satellite dish. The issue is... It is working on my main tv which is connected to the back of my set by a threaded lmb port. The other tv's only have rf ports for an Ariel to plug in but I have fitted an rf plug on the cable from the dish to fit these other tv's. I was wondering if the tv can read the satellite signal through the rf port on my other tv's. Thanks for the reply

REPASSAC

The answer to your question is the RF input on a TV is for a Aerial and not from a connection to a LNB. The TV needs a SAT port(s) to get anything from your dish and it's LNB.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Your main TV has a satellite tuner hence the F-socket and why it's working.
Your other TV's do not have a satellite tuner if they only have a coax aerial input socket.
The only way you can use your satellite dish/LNB with these is if you buy and connect a Freesat box for each one.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There's no such thing as a “Digital Aerial” that's just marketing bullsh*t.
You can try an indoor set-top type aerial but beware they only work only in good reception areas.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom