1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection problem?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Tracey, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to be able to watch satellite tv and programmes recorded on the hard drive of my DVDR in the bedroom upstairs, but both units will be sited downstairs. After doing some research I think the most suitable and reliable product to enable me to control the units via remote from upstairs will be the QED Roomlink, so that is on my shortlist. The problem is how do I get the picture on the upstairs tv? Before we plastered the walls I ran a scart lead from the lounge into the upstairs bedroom so I have one Scart lead only (I think I might need two). I've been looking at various scart switchers and devices such as the Quintro but I'm not sure if they will be sufficient. The main problem with scart switchers seems to be that if I play the DVDR the STB cannot be viewed at the same time, would that be a problem if I wanted to record something?

If the only solution is to run another scart lead upstairs then so be it but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I'm not too worried if the picture upstairs is compromised but I want to get a decent picture on the tv donwnstairs and I also want to make sure I get the best picture for recording.

If anyone has any solutions I'll be glad to hear them.