1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection-Pioneer SEDIR800C to Panasonic SC-HT37R-HELP!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by saucer, May 20, 2005.

1. saucer

saucer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the above Pioneer Headphones, I would be very grateful indeed if someone could give me detailed instructions on what is the best way to connect them to my home cinema? I admit I am not technically minded for this sort of thing! Thanks in advance :smashin:

2. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Does your Pannasonic home cinema have a digital optical or digital co-axial output ? If so just plug this into the matching input on the Pioneer Base unit. In the set up menu on your home cinema system, set the digital outpu to 'Bitstream' or similar so it will sent the undecoded Dolby or DTS to the base unit for decoding.

Hope this helps

3. saucer

saucer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dr Mike,

Thanks for your advice, my HC has a optical digital out. I was hoping I would have had the coaxial out, as this is better sounding than the optical, oh well! Is it worth getting a decent optical out cable, any suggestions? Cheers