• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connection of NC-10 to a Samsung TV

KERRY1973

Standard Member
I am trying to connect my NC-10 netbook to my Samsung TV, which I seem to do fine with a 'normal' length VGA cable, the problem is it isn't very long and not very convenient, so I purchased and tried a 5 metre cable - it didn't work. Assuming this cable was faulty I have now tried a VGA extension (2 metres long) again this does not work.

When using the shorter cable I have not had to change any settings on either the netbook of the tv - the tv just detected the NC=-10 and the 'PC' screen came up when the source button was pressed on the remote.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

KERRY1973

Standard Member
I think the cables are the same - the shorter one does have 'bulge' (for want of a better description) about an inch from the end that plugs into the netbook - I'm not very technical so sorry for the dodgy description!!

The number of pins are identical, and yes I did try pressing the FN & F4 keys.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom