Connection of a Technics HIFI to a TV

latashasomayi

Novice Member
Reaction score
How can i connect my Technics HIFI (5 speakers) sound to a Telefunken HD TV using the cables of red, yellow and white. is it possible

Welcome to the Forum.

You have to give the model numbers of both the Technics and the TV for members to help you as well as photographs of the back of the Technics amp.

thank you

the model of the TV is a Telefunken TLEDD-48FHDA.

the HIFI Technics SA EH760, i hope this helps. and that someone can help me

IMG_20210408_101321.jpg

Can't find much info about the TV but generally, a modern TV will only have an optical digital output. As your Technics has no optical input, you'll need a DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter). This will connect to any free input & your pic shows the VCR input unused.

Not sure what's available over there & what markets you have access to, but it's not worth spending a lot of money on one just for this purpose. Search for SPDIF converter & see what you can find locally. But double check that the TV has an optical/SPDIF out first.

i am from South Africa, is there no other way besides what u stated, it does connect beautifully to the DVD player however i stream music on youtube via my connection to my laptop VIA HDMI cable. the tv does have the Blue, Green, red ports next to the yellow, white and red.

i am from South Africa, is there no other way besides what u stated, it does connect beautifully to the DVD player however i stream music on youtube via my connection to my laptop VIA HDMI cable. the tv does have the Blue, Green, red ports next to the yellow, white and red.
I saw your location, hence the comment about not knowing what markets/retailers you have access to.

You could try connecting the laptop to the amp with a simple 3.5mm to RCA/phono cable, but you may experience lip sync issues. Only one way to find out.

B/G/R inputs will be component video. Yellow is composite video & R/W will be analogue, all inputs. So the only way to get audio out of the TV to the Technics is via a DAC. They can cost as little as £10 in the UK fro the likes of Amazon/Ebay.

Feel free to post a pic of the TV connections to be sure.

As a basic DAC, one of these (if you don't wish to spend small fortune) should do the trick, you will need the additional cables, but in order to convert the audio from optical to RCA, this should do the job for TV. Remember to also set the TV's output to PCM or Stereo within its audio settings. It may not be perfect, but it should work

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Any chance of photos of all of the TV's connections (rear and side)? I rather expect that it has analogue outputs, which would make connection easy, but a photo would clarify everything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom