1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Media Centre Pc To Plasma

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Danny Boy, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Danny Boy

Danny Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I am trying to set up a media centre system and have no idea what I am doing.

I have a TH - 50PV30 Panasonic plasma that I want to connect to a media centre pc.

The TV has a D-sub 15 pin connector, but this is on the front of the TV! Ideally I want to connect to the back of the TV so there are no wires showing but the inputs on the back are scart inputs and a component video in(Y/Pb/Pr)? - what ever that is.

What is the best way to connect a pc to these type of inputs so that I can get the best quality display of videos tv etc on the plasma, but also display normal PC applications on the Plasma (email, games, internet browsing, Word etc...)

Incidentally I have not bought the media centre pc yet and would like some advice on this too. I want to be able to store my entire music/dvd collecion on it to de-clutter the house.

Is it possible to run two outputs from the computer, say one to the plasma (so the wife can watch TV) and the other to a normal monitor (so I can play games/surf the web?)

Thanks

- Confused

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Look for a graffics card with a component output option, it is possible to feed VGA to a scart socket (RGB+CS) but check the thread on the subject (around here somewhere) for more info