Connection (loading) issues when viewing Hikvision cameras remotely

ubizzy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi ya'll,

I have a 16 channel analog 5MP Hikvision DVR. Most of the cameras are non HD but 4 are 2MP and 1 is 5MP. Even before installing the 5MP camera (on my previous 2MP Hikvision DVR), some of the cameras have trouble loading on the mobile app (Hik-connect and ivms-4500). They will either show the load spinning circle indefinitely or just stay black. I'll have to full screen that camera and back out again to force all the channels to refresh. Sometimes, that doesn't even work and I'll have to full screen the camera and toggle between HD/Basic to make it load. There are times where this will fix one camera, but make another one fail.

So far I've:
  1. Re adding the DVR to the Hik-connect account
  2. Made sure substream is the default stream on all channels
  3. Enabled H265+
  4. Made sure we have enough bandwidth (speed tests show we have 15Mbps upload and the DVR shows a max of 11Mbps Network usage when I open the 16 Channel view)
I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced this and knows a tweak or workaround. I don't mind waiting for the cameras to load in the 16 channel view, but having some channels not load at all is a real pain in the neck. I think the problem might be the internet speed tapping out and the Hikvision DVR doesn't have a good auto retry protocol built into the software. I can't call Hikvision support since I purchased the DVR from a wholesaler. The tech support guy at the wholesaler isn't sure what's causing it but believes it may be bandwidth related.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Are you trying to view the Primary stream or Substream?
I believe it's all substream. I tried removing the DVR from the Hik Connect account, setting the default stream as substream, re adding the DVR, and the issue persists.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom