• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connection issues with Panasonic LCD & Sony HTSF 1300,

jerseyrock

Standard Member
Hi everyone, I've been looking around these forums for a while now and as a result decided to purchase a Sony HTSF 1300 surround sound to go with my Panasonic TX-37LZD81 with HD Freesat.

Anyways after setting everything up and connecting the tv to the sony receiver via hdmi, I can't seem to get any sound :rolleyes:

It is probably something really simple, but any ideas of the best way to connect the two?

So far its going from slot HDMI1 on the tv to the TV input/output on the receiver, but no sound. please help. :lease:

alsina

Prominent Member
Hi everyone, I've been looking around these forums for a while now and as a result decided to purchase a Sony HTSF 1300 surround sound to go with my Panasonic TX-37LZD81 with HD Freesat.

Anyways after setting everything up and connecting the tv to the sony receiver via hdmi, I can't seem to get any sound :rolleyes:

It is probably something really simple, but any ideas of the best way to connect the two?

So far its going from slot HDMI1 on the tv to the TV input/output on the receiver, but no sound. please help. :lease:

You need an optical cable connected from the tv to the home cinema system to carry the sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom