1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mindcrime, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    A friend wants to can anyone suggest a way I can connect a SONY CCD-TR511E to a laptop that has a firewire & USB 2.0 ports. The camera only has a composite & 1 audio out. The main prurpose will be to capture video to the HD. I have looked on E-Buyer, DABS & even the Sony site , and all to no avail.

I appreciate any answers - even to upgrade the bloody thing!!

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Looks like the only way to do it would be to get a video capture card (either standalone - I think Adaptec sell one that has composite/audio in and USB out) or a PCMCIA card (Capsure used to do one - not sure if you can still get it). The picture quality will not be as good as from a DV camcorder via firewire. If the laptop is up to it (ie fairly quick and has plenty of RAM and HD space), probably your best bet is to buy a newer digital camcorder on the classifieds and use the firewire port.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks for that. I shall pass it on. Although it looks like it will now be sold for a new 'n improved digital version.