Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connection help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Mindcrime, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    A friend wants to can anyone suggest a way I can connect a SONY CCD-TR511E to a laptop that has a firewire & USB 2.0 ports. The camera only has a composite & 1 audio out. The main prurpose will be to capture video to the HD. I have looked on E-Buyer, DABS & even the Sony site , and all to no avail.

I appreciate any answers - even to upgrade the bloody thing!!

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Looks like the only way to do it would be to get a video capture card (either standalone - I think Adaptec sell one that has composite/audio in and USB out) or a PCMCIA card (Capsure used to do one - not sure if you can still get it). The picture quality will not be as good as from a DV camcorder via firewire. If the laptop is up to it (ie fairly quick and has plenty of RAM and HD space), probably your best bet is to buy a newer digital camcorder on the classifieds and use the firewire port.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Thanks for that. I shall pass it on. Although it looks like it will now be sold for a new 'n improved digital version.