• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Connection help?

dacdesigns

Distinguished Member
Please could I get some advise about my setup.

I have just got the Panasonic 46PZ80B and Panasonic 570 home cinema, I also have V+ and a PS3 to connect.

Here's how I have connected it so far:

V+ (video) - hdmi 1 (tv)
V+ (Audio) - Optical in (570)

PS3 (video) - hdmi 2 (tv)
PS3 (Audio) - ?

570 (video) - Component (tv)
570 (Audio) - Phono (tv)

I know the dvd will not play 1080p on the 570 but the PS3 is more important to me. I know I could have them all hdmi if I used the 3rd hdmi on the front of the tv but dont want any wires on show.

Does this sound the best way to set this up? or would you invest in a 2 way hdmi switch?

Regards,

Derek

surfymark

Please could I get some advise about my setup.

I have just got the Panasonic 46PZ80B and Panasonic 570 home cinema, I also have V+ and a PS3 to connect.

Here's how I have connected it so far:

V+ (video) - hdmi 1 (tv)
V+ (Audio) - Optical in (570)

PS3 (video) - hdmi 2 (tv)
PS3 (Audio) - ?

570 (video) - Component (tv)
570 (Audio) - Phono (tv)

I know the dvd will not play 1080p on the 570 but the PS3 is more important to me. I know I could have them all hdmi if I used the 3rd hdmi on the front of the tv but dont want any wires on show.

Does this sound the best way to set this up? or would you invest in a 2 way hdmi switch?

Regards,

Derek

The only thing I would say is that you should connect the PS3 Audio via optical as well to the 570. I am assuming that you only have one optical in on the 570? In that case, do you have a co-ax in? If so, I have the same and have invested in an optical to co-ax converter. It will take up another plug socket but works really well.

This is the one I have: Optical to Coaxial Digital Audio Convertor > Maplin plus you will need an optical cable and a co-ax cable.

Otherwise you have a similar setup to me (other than I have freesat+ instead of V+). I don't use the TV speakers at all (have the volume turned right down) and use the home cinema for all of the sound. This avoids sound syns issues.

HTH
M

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom