1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection help required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by conington, Mar 6, 2002.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am a little concerned that I am not getting the best out of my system ..... I am using an LG 3350 with optical lead to a Yam amp (Speakers = Mission 702 front left and right with Mission centre speaker and Yams for the rears), the setting on the DVD player is for bitstream, should I re-set this to Dolby Digital (my amp is showing Doby digital under the bitstream setting) ?

I have the DVD picture sent via SCART to the second (non RGB) scart on my rear projection Toshiba television, the first (RGB enabled) being used for my digibox. If I push the DVD SCART through the Digibox I can of course benefit from the RGB (which I must say does not seem to make a lot of difference to the picture quality??), on the DVD there does not seem to be a setting for RGB although I have read that RGB is catered for .... any suggestions on the best routing and settings here ?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Hi

Leave the Bitstream setting, thats ok.

You could always try S-Video if you dont think the RGB setting is giving you the best picture (you´ll probably have to change the TV setting as well as the dvd player).

Or just run the dvd via the digibox as you said.

cheers