• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connection help required

X

xraydave

Hi everybody. I get my new 42" Viera tomorrow. I Will be connecting the DMR-85H dvd recorder using Component Sockets and Sky will use RGB scart. Now what i don't understand is where do I connect the aeriel lead for the freeview channels? I want to be able to record off Sky and watch Freeview at the same time. I can't figure out if the lead goes straight into the plasma or via the back of the dvd? I'm sure that it will be a simple solution but I'm that excited I just can't get my head around it! :blush:

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dave.

wicket

Not sure if I have got the question right but here goes with the answer.

The aerial either feeds through Sky and then to the tv as per normal. Or through your dvd recorder, I have not got one so don't know about its connections.

If you want to watch Freeview you just click on one of the buttons on the remote and you are watching the digital channels. If you want to revert back to the AV channels you just click the same button again, then choose your input. I have Sky+ in AV1 so I just press the red button on the remote and it switches to that input. (If I had previously been watching that input it automatically goes to that input).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom