1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection help req'd.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jonathan, Nov 6, 2002.

1. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to this forum so please bear with me!... I'm finally in a position to purchase a new Panny 5 (or Tosh equivalent) but am alarmed at the lack of the usual connectors on the rear of the panel. The equipment I need to hook together comprises of a (Grundig) Sky digibox, 1 VHS & 1 SVHS VCR's, DVD, Yamaha DSPE 800 processor, Yamaha pre/power amps. Can anyone take the time to guide me as to the best way to connect all this up as I know that it hasn't been hooked up the best way with my existing standard T.V. Also the equipment rack with this equipment on is a 10m run away from where the plasma will be situated so signal loss could be a worry. Thanks in advance! :)

2. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Okay Jonathan,

firstly I suggest that you browse back over the last few pages, and read other simailr entitled posts/threads.

However I shall attempt to start. Whislt there are others on the market, a regualr poster on this forum has a web site selling the gadgets required http://www.rgbtosvideo.com

DVD: assuming this doesnt have componment, you need to get an RGB to something converter gadget, ideally RGB to componment and connect directly to your componment inputs on your plasma screen.

Digibox: Again need a RGB converter, ideally the RGB to VGA box, and connect to the vga input on your plasma.

S -video, link up to Svideo input on your plasma screen

Video, link via composite input on your screen (probably).

However, all of these cables are different, and therefore all will need to be, AS I UNDERSTAND need to run the entire 10 meters which could become pricey, as well as signal loss.

I hope soemone else can help Jonathan out!

But as I said at the begining, seach for forum for connections will bring up a list of threads on this issue. Also look at Js's website, this may help.

Hope this has started to help you.

Adrian

3. jonathan

jonathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the great advice....I'm on my way now!!