• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connection Help Please

metin

Established Member
Hello,

I am trying to connect my laptop HP with a S-vid output to my DVD player (pioneer 545HX) I have a cable which has a scart on one end and a s-vid and re and white audio cables on the other.

When I connect from laptop to dvd and I get no pic or sound on my plasma display when switched to the DVD source.

any ideas :rolleyes: :lease:

Thanks
metin.

choi

Standard Member
You may need to turn the TV-out (on the Laptop/Computer) on.
On a clear part of the Desktop right click and select "Properties" then click the "Settings" tab and select "Advanced"
The next box will depend on the type of Graphics Card Installed, but click on the tabs and see if you can find anything to do with TV-Out or dual Displays

Once you have done this you should be able too see your Desktop on your TV (picture will be a bit crappy but perfectly watchable) but you may not be able you view a video (something to do with "Overlay", don't understand it myself) but there is a trick to fix this:

If you open two video players on your Laptop/Computer at the same time, (get the first one to play something small and then pause it) the second one will then be viewable on your TV (this also works if you want to use the "PrinScrn" button to get a capture of the Video)

example

Do you have connections on the computer for the Red & White Audio plugs?
I had to cannibalize a lead to get the audio to work on my set-up

Hope this was of some help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom