• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connection Help Please

metin

Established Member
I am trying to connect my LAPTOP to my DVD to view on my plasma.
I have a S-Vid connection from my laptop to my DVD via scart but no picture or sound, I have tried usinf DV cable dirct from laptop to pioneere 545HX no luck. I have Fuji 58 series and denon amp connected via HDMI to dvd.

paul-av-tech

Established Member
Not familiar with your kit, but dont forget that svideo out from the laptop will not have sound. You need to connect the output from the sound card to the audio in on the dvd recorder/display.

The dvd recorder will expect to see a broadcast standard signal so check the display adaptors settings for compatibility.

Only other suggestion I have is the laptop will probably have to be 'enabled' within the display properties - not normally turned on by default.

Dv cable? If you mean firewire then that should have sound. Again check its enabled. If you meant DVI then again no sound. And would assume the graphics card would again have to be enabled, and the resoloution set to something your display can interpret.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom