connection help, please?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Mandark_06, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Mandark_06

Mandark_06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive been at this for days and i cant seem to get anywhere.

i have my 360 connected via ethernet to my pc which is connected wirelessly through a netgear wg311T PCI adapter to a WGT634U router. ive been through a number of forums, and figured that an ICS connection best resembled what im trying to do... ive done everything that i've ready so far but nothing seems to be working, including bridging my local area network and the wireless network.

so far when i test the connection on my 360 it passes every test down to the MTU test. ive been to the netgear website and everything, tried speaking to an xbox support rep, unfortunately i was in a hurry and had to hang up, downloaded whatever program to adjust the MTU on my network which didnt need to be adjusted in the first place... according to the connection settings on the other computer (host) the MTU is already set to over 1400 (appearantly xbox live requires a minimum of 1364).

it's 2:46 in the morning and im desperate, i dont plan on sleeping until i figure this out. someone help? :lease:

2. Mandark_06

Mandark_06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nevermind, to whoever's reading this...

i thought i'd try bridging again and for some reason it decided to work this time...

thanks to anyone who was considering replying to this though.

btw this helped a lot.

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/