Connection help please....

ruth11

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Have pretty much made our minds up to get Panny PWD7 in black. We're also going to get a Yamaha DPS-AX750SE amp to go with it....

Currently we have to connect up 2 DVD players, one Xbox and one PC and potentially a PS2 as well (although that's currently rigged up in the kids room!).

Can someone help with what we should be using to connect all this to the amp and then through to the Screen?

My other half just sent me an email and I don't understand what he means, so maybe you can shed some light on it...

Is the amp DSP-AX750 or DSP-AX750se... don't know the difference. I am pretty sure we're going for the SE, but I don't know the difference either
Ensure it can do video up conversion.. S-Video In Component Out
Ensure the component out is Sync on G - as this is what the plasma requires.

Thanks all

Ruth

I've posted the question about the Amp in the amp section.

I guess what I'm asking here is what cables to I need to connect all the equipment mentioned above to the Amp and then what input board do I need on the Screen to take it all in... I need to know which board before I place the order for the screen because it comes free (or possible slighty extra if we go for double board) and I want to place the order soon before the offer ends!

I haven't a clue personally, so any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ruth

I guess you'll need the answer to your amp question first before you know what board to get, but it looks like it's the component board you want. Then you'll just need 1 component cable - it's three jacks at each end, red, green and blue colour-coded. I'm (assuming you already have the other cables to connect each device to your amp.

I decided thus . .

What's the best input I have = VGA (free, already on PWD7)

How do I connect everything to it = JS->VGA converter

How do I get everything into that = Quintro+ (4 into 1 scart box)

Simple. All audio through amp, all video through scart box via Quintro+.

Hope this helps

Hi john

I was hoping someone would respond along those lines, so that I can ask them to explain further!! ;-)

Would I be right in thinking that if I have it set up like that, I wouldn't be able to use my PC in PIP mode?? I would have thought I'd have to use the VGA input for my PC only, and then have another input for the rest...

Thanks
Ruth

Hi,
i have the 750 amp and i think there is two types,one has a tuner,mine doesnt(ax750se).
I run all my equip through this(bought a js rgb to yuv convertor for scart inputs and the option of running anything else on svid(ps2?)etc.I have pw6 so dont need a component board,but if you buy a component board,use this for output of amp and vga socket for pc connection?I am sure someone will correct me if this is a bad idea for u.

ruth11 said:
Would I be right in thinking that if I have it set up like that, I wouldn't be able to use my PC in PIP mode?? I would have thought I'd have to use the VGA input for my PC only, and then have another input for the rest...
Correct. As you're only using ONE input. I have same dilemma. Can I be ars*d to buy and setup another input JUST to get PiP. My answer, due to cost, was no.

Ah well, the board (pretty sure we're going Component now after the help in this thread!) comes free with the Screen - hence me wanting to know which one to get!

:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. I'm still not sure about these JS and Quinto boxes and the point of them (feel free to elaborate!), but at least we can order the screen, the component board and the amp and then think about the rest!!

Ruth

Ruth,

The point of the JS converters is to convert the RGB signal typically output from Sky, Freeview, cable and DVD players to an input that the plasma can accept. The best is the VGA input, but I fully understand why you want to keep that for the PC. Next best is component, so you need a JS Tech RGB to YUV converter.

All the JS converters need to be fed an RGB signal - the Quintro allows you to plug all the RGB outputs from your various source devices into the one RGB to YUV converter and then on to the plasma.

The Quinto box would allow you to have, say, four devices, connected to one input, so that you wouldn't have to keep getting up and swapping cables every time you wanted to play PS2 or watch Sky or play Xbox etc, you'd just press a button. The JS box would convert the output of the Quinto, so that you could use the VGA input of the plasma with it. That's all.

As your amp is, hopefully, going to be able to provide a component output anyway, with several inputs, you've got something that does a similar job, so it's all fine really :)...and you can still use the VGA input on the plasma for your PC.

Cool - thanks guys. Tobyjuggler - I was just about to post about the amp, but you've just confirmed it, so it's all good!

Better get on the phone and order it all then!

:D

Thanks everyone! It all becomes clear!

Ruth

hurry up though I think that amo is being discontinued for some reason.....avland dont have it anymore and neither do superfi

My other half's been on the phone to RS near us this afternoon and they've got one in stock so he's going to pick it up this evening!

(I presume you meant the Amp!)

:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom