Connection Help Please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by almara, Oct 29, 2004.

1. almara

almara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am considering upgrading my AV setup and after much reading of reviews and forum posts (thanks to everyone on the forums) I've concluded that I should combine a Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD recorder with a Toshiba 32WL48 LCD TV. I need some advice on how best to connect these and what cabling I will require. I get my digital TV signal from NTL via a Pace set top cable box and my present cabling is RF cable between Pace box and VCR, RF cable between VCR and TV, scart cable from Pace box to VCR and scart cable from Pace box to TV. Obviously in new setup I'll substitute DVD recorder for VCR but will cabling be the same as at present or will I need anything else e.g a component cable between DVD and TV for viewing recorded material?

On a separate issue my Pace box also gives me analogue signals for the five terrestial channels and this enables me to watch one of these while recording a separate digital channel (or vice versa). I've thought for some time that it might be nice to have the terrestial channels separately on a digital basis rather than analogue and wonder if I could achieve this by having a freeview box over and above the Pace box so that I could watch one digital channel while recording another digital channel. Has anyone tried this or has any views on it?

As I'm asking questions which relate to both DVD recorder and TV I've also posted this on the LCD TVs and Screens forum - my apologies if this causes any problems.

Finally, I was considering a multi region version of the RD-XS32 - does anyone have any experience of this? Presumably, to make it multi region means that it will have been "chipped" which will invalidate the warranty?