Connection help please!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by AndreGonzalez, Jun 16, 2009.

1. AndreGonzalez

AndreGonzalez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I am a newbie to all this home cinema business and therefore need some advice and Im hoping all you lovely people will be able to assist.

OK here it is...

I am gonna have either a Panasonic TX-P42V10 or a Samsung UE40B7020, an Onkyo TX-SR607, a PS3, and two Virgin Cable boxes (both scart connections on the bacck of box).

What I need to know is how best to connect all this up as I am having a floating wall built and need to know before I get started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    You will need to route the PS3 through the Onkyo if you want HD audio i.e PS3 to amp with HDMI and HDMI from amp to TV.

I don't know much about Virgin cable or the boxes used to receive it, but as long as they aren't HD boxes - a couple of scart cables connecting them directly to the TV is all you need.

If you connect an audio cable between the TV and the amp, you will be able to watch cable or analogue/digital from the TV's built-in tuner through the speakers. You'll probably need a digital optical cable for this.

That should cover everything you have in your kit list now, but just make sure you have enough cables connected to the TV in case you add anything else in the future. You should be OK for HDMI inputs as the amp has several of these available. You might want to think about running a component cable and PC (VGA/DVI) type cable just in case you ever need those.

3. AndreGonzalez

AndreGonzalez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that....anymore suggestions anyone? :)