1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection help needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jerome, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Jerome

Jerome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I will soon have a 16:9 Sony 400 PJ. First PJ for me & so I could do with some help!

I have a Rotel 995 DVD & the old RSP966.
    Looks like s-video/RCA compsite O/P from the RSP only, but obviously the 995 has digital & component etc

Question is, what cables/format should I use to connect the DVD to the RSP & the RSP to the Sony PJ?

Apologies if this seems a total HC novice question - but then that's what I am!

Thanks.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jerome

If you mean the SONY VPL-W400Q, it's been a least 4 years since I actually saw one. If I remember correctly it has composite, s-video and RGB 15pin but can not eccept component input!

I would go for s-video 1st as the cables will be much easier to come by and cheaper. If you are happy with that then great, if not, then try to get a suitable RGB scart to 15pin. I have seen this work on several projectors, but not all.

I don't know what an RSP966 is so I can't comments on that!

3. Jerome

Jerome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that - I will probably start off using s-vid to & from the processor in that case... and then probably end up posting loads of questions about tweaks!

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,070
    There is a huge discussion forum devoted to the Sony 400QM at www.thebigpicturedvd.com
    along with FAQ and other stuff. You should find more than enough info to keep you tweaking for months there.