1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection help for thicko novice needed!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scottma, Oct 31, 2003.

1. scottma

scottma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help...

After several weeks of reading this site I've decided to take the plunge and get hold of a Panasonic PT AE200 as an introduction to home projection.

I want to connect the AE200 to my Sony DAVS550, SKY +, Playstation 2 and PC.

My main question is concerning the SKY +.

I'm having SKY + installed next week but the main box will be installed in the living room (everything else will be in a spare room upstairs).

Now what would be the best way to get SKY showing through my PT AE200 / Sony DAVS550 (with no scart socket) in the spare room upstairs?

I also have a spare, bog-standard, SKY Digibox - would it be possible to ask the engineer to hook up this box in the spare room and control SKY channels through it or will I need another SKY + box?

Apologies in advance if this request seems foolishly simple!!

Cheers

2. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. scottma

scottma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That may just be the answer.

Any ideas what the picture/sound quality is like and if I would bne able to connect it through my DAVS-550 (and hence projector)?

4. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quality is perfectly OK bearing in mind it is 'only' composite video. I've already got one that basically does the same job ie room to room transfer.

The Sky box is in the spare 'TV' room. I use the wireless link to get a Sky video signal into the living 'projector' room. Then plum it into an AV amp then o/p to the projector. (The DVD player lives in the living room so that gets fed directly (via the AV amp) to the PJ via component i/p's).

'would I be able to connect it through my DAVS-550 ?'

does the 550 have an external video in and external audio in ? if yes then there should be no problem to connect the composite video and audio, if not then you'll need something like an AV amp to give you anything more than 2 chl audio. Alternatively, you could feed the 'wireless' composite video directly into the PJ (and not via the 550)

Hope this helps......

Mr Sparkle

5. scottma

scottma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might just give that a go!

Cheers.