1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection headaches, please help

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by spiderdany, Apr 1, 2005.

1. spiderdany

spiderdany

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there

Can anyone help me with the following as Im pretty confused about the whoel thing really:

I have a philips 26pf8946 lcd tv - with an awful manual incidentally - it has dvi in port, 2 scart ports (ext 1 and ext 2) and a vga in and an s video port.

I have a Pioneer dv-575A dvd player which I want to connect to the lcd tv - this has a progressive scan feature which Id like to take advantage of - it has component video out ports, scart port and s video port.

Whats the best connection to use?

Would I best off with a standard scart to scart connection? or would I be able to use a lead connecting scart on the tv to the component video ports on the dvd player (with two different ends) ?

Any help is much appreciated - thanks : )

Spiderdany

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    From the information you have given, it is unlikely that your TV can accept a component video signal. Best bet would be to use scart, setting the DVD to output an RGB signal and the TV to accept an RGB input.

3. elementalist2

elementalist2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    An LCD can probably make use of progressive scan - I would phone Keene Electronics - they do good equipment and have expert advice.