1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection from Sky +

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chec, Feb 25, 2005.

1. chec

chec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Can someone please tell me what is the best way to connect from Sky+, through a sony dav smaster amplifier, to a sony kdep42xs1. Thanks for your help :lease:

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I don't know whether your amplifier can feed RGB through it to the tv, if it can do this. If not just connect via the RGB scart on your plasma if it has one, then feed an optical cable from Sky to your amp for the sound (presuming the amp has an optical feed).

3. chec

chec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have the Amp connected to the plasma via component leads, a optical cable between sky and the amp, and a scart bewtween sky and the plasma. I am not sure how to route sky through the amp?

4. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Does the amp have a video upconversion feature ? if so you could feed it an svideo signal direct from the Sky+ box...failing that your going to have to get yourself an RGB SCART to component converter such as the JS Tech RGB2YUV box.

Cheers, Lee

5. chec

chec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lee,
    I am not sure over the amp it is a Sony DAV-S880

6. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you want to feed your Sky+ through your Sony amp?

I have the Sony DAV S550 and my Sky+ goes directly to my plasma for the picture and the Sky+ goes to my Sony via optical lead for the sound. With your Sony on Video 2 you have the sound coming through the amp and the picture going straight to your plasma.

7. chec

chec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you use to connect from sky+ to the plasma as the picture i get using a standard scart lead is not great

8. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use s-video which is surprisingly good. However, I'm going to try one of these JS Technology SCART to YUV box of trix direct to my plasma to see how much of a difference these things make.

9. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i assume you have vga input on your screen....have you considered the js rgb to vga converter as opposed to the yuv suggested above, then you can still go straight to the screen? http://www.av-sales.co.uk/html/convertors.html

10. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Err..... yeah I had considered it. My considering was all too late though because my cables are all buried in the wall and re-plastered. Therefore, in my wall I have the power cable for my plasma, the svideo cable and a VGA -> component RCA cable (going to my Sony DAV S550) so in fact the JS RGB to YUV box would go through the YUV to VGA cable. Confusing I know but, not enough thought went into this from the start and I was too quick in getting it all set up. If this JS box does significantly improve the picture then I shall also need a component switcher so I can easily switch between Sky+ and my Sony S550 DVD :oops:

11. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    AFC, sorry mate meant to answer chec :) The JS i have did improve the picture a lot I'm sure you'll notice the difference too