Connection from my Blu-Ray player to the AVR to the TV

mentaliss

AVR, MARANTZ SR 7015 connected to the eARC HDMI connection for receiving/streaming 4k.. works fine, 'Panny' Blu-Ray player needs to be connected to the Marantz via HDMI to playback player's content do I need another HDMI cable from the AVR?

gibbsy

No. The same HDMI cable will allow video to the TV as well as allowing (Enhanced) Audio Return Channel for audio back to the Marantz.

D

Deleted member 39241

The cable connecting the AVR to the TV is using the eARC connection, so should be connected to both the eARC port on the TV and the eARC port on the AVR.

eARC means enhanced Audio Return Channel. That cable sends video from the source devices connected to the AVR (eg your UHD player) to the TV, so the AVR just passes the video through. The same cable also returns audio from the TV to the AVR for when you are using the tuner and apps on the TV itself.

mentaliss

The cable connecting the AVR to the TV is using the eARC connection, so should be connected to both the eARC port on the TV and the eARC port on the AVR.

eARC means enhanced Audio Return Channel. That cable sends video from the source devices connected to the AVR (eg your UHD player) to the TV, so the AVR just passes the video through. The same cable also returns audio from the TV to the AVR for when you are using the tuner and apps on the TV itself.
Thanks for your advise but I cant get the Marantz to see the player unless I transfer the eARC HDMI cable from the marantz connection and connect the cable to the players hdmi, the player will then show the movie or what ever but no sound, somebody said that I have to chang the HDMI control settings in the player...really?? no ideal why I have to do this nor have I found this info'within the guide..

elastonpappou13

Standard Member
I have recently bought a Denon AVR X2700 and I have similar issue where no sound comes out of the BR player. All other HDMI inputs work fine. I have a Samsung TV and a Sony Blu Ray player.

2 ways that I can get audio but neither of them are satisfactory:
1. When using Monitor 2 and watching from my projector (as the X2700 has 2 HDMI Outs), sound is perfectly fine
2. If I switch off the TV completely the sound comes on after 30 seconds or so. This implies that something is not right with the eARC HDMI port and something between the 3 devices mixes up things.

Any ideas?

Thnx

gibbsy

I have recently bought a Denon AVR X2700 and I have similar issue where no sound comes out of the BR player. All other HDMI inputs work fine. I have a Samsung TV and a Sony Blu Ray player.

2 ways that I can get audio but neither of them are satisfactory:
1. When using Monitor 2 and watching from my projector (as the X2700 has 2 HDMI Outs), sound is perfectly fine
2. If I switch off the TV completely the sound comes on after 30 seconds or so. This implies that something is not right with the eARC HDMI port and something between the 3 devices mixes up things.

Any ideas?

Thnx
Turn off CEC on all devices and see if that stops the problem. Even though you have eARC on the Denon your TV must also have it and it seems Samsung do have some handshake issues with Denon amps even with eARC.

If you have the Sony player linked directly to the Denon and thence to the TV you shouldn't have to rely on eARC for audio, that is for audio from the TV to the Denon.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom