connection dvd player

Gunner234

Standard Member
Hello All, My Sony HXD995 video recorder, dosnt play DVD.s they jump , freeze and stop, what i want to know is, can i connect a DVD player to the HXD video recorder, to play dvd's through, The HXD has 2 scart sockets, 1 which is connected to the TV, the other is not used. and would it have to be a Sony, or can i fix the recorder so it plays dvd's . it still plays recorded programs, sorry its jumbled and you can understand it

Regards gunner

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes, just connect a DVD player to the scart input of your DVDR and select that as the source using the DVDR's remote...or buy and connect a Blu-ray player to your TV and play your DVD's on that.

Gunner234

Standard Member
Yes, just connect a DVD player to the scart input of your DVDR and select that as the source using the DVDR's remote...or buy and connect a Blu-ray player to your TV and play your DVD's on that.
thank you .i think i have it now

jarraman

Can anyone please tell me why a collection of Roseann DVDs I have obtained about 8 years old will not play on my Sony DVD player. Thanks for any advice.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Define “will not play” what error message if any, appears in your DVD player display?
Do you know what region the discs are? were they bought here in the UK?
Have you tried them in another player?

jarraman

Define “will not play” what error message if any, appears in your DVD player display?
Do you know what region the discs are? were they bought here in the UK?
Have you tried them in another player?
Thanks for the reply I will check things and get back

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom