1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection confusion

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RallyofDiscover, Dec 16, 2002.

1. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys and Girls,

I was going to buy a Sony 550 until i found this site - now its as follows

As another newbie firstly a big thankyou to everyone who has helped clarify (and confuse!!) and save me ££££'s:D :D :D THank you

I am now the the proud owner of a Toshiba 220, Kef KHT2005 + extra egg for 6.1 and Yamaha RXV630RDS and soon to be Phillips 32pw9527 as well as existing Sky box and VCR :D :D

Now all I have to do is connect everything up my plan is as follows all advice on which interconnects etc are welcome

DVD to TV SCART 1 - DVD to AMP Coaxial Digital (However the Yam manual seems to recommend FO connector the only Coax input is labeled CD??? is this correct??

SKY Box to SCART 2 and phono's to AMP( should i connect the other SCART on the SKY box to my VCR???)

VCR to SCART 3 and Phono's to AMP

What AMP to sub connector is recommended??
    What speaker wire??

What about all those video in/out on the AMP are they necessary???

The other major issue is that if this does not look/sound better than a Sony 550 I'am in deep s--- with the the other half and i get the feeling i am now only on the first rung of the ladder!!!

Once again Thanks to you all

I now find myself spending hours brousing this Forum and have used this Forum as independant evidence to other half on reasons not to buy Sony!!:D :D :D :D So its all your fault!!

Any comments / help on set up would be most welcome

Ciao for now

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    most fundamental thing in respect to your DVD picture is the signal type you are outputting. For best results set your DVD player to output an RGB picture through the player's menu and send this via a scart to the RGB enabled scart socket in the back of the TV. It will usually be SCART 1.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I always buy DVD players with two scart sockets so that I can have both DVD and Sky in RGB with only one RGB enabled scart on my TV.

A scart switcher could be useful if you want RGB from your digibox

5. RallyofDiscover

RallyofDiscover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys i'll let you know how I get on... Those Velodynes sound interesting.........:eek: